Subject: To OCPs and NFPs FOR INFORMATION: Onward reporting of PISA transmissibility to WHO HQ
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:57:43 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:         Operational Contact Points for Influenza, National Focal Points 
for Viral Respiratory Diseases

CC:         National Coordinators

Dear colleagues,

We would like to inform you of a minor change in the way WHO/Euro transfers 
data to WHO HQ related to the Intensity and PISA_Transmissibility variables 
in INFLCLIN. This email is for information, please continue to report data 
to these variables in the same way as you have been for the rest of this 
winter period.

For countries that have not reported any data to PISA_Transmissibility 
during the 2023/24 season, WHO/Euro will use influenza intensity data 
(submitted to INFLCIN via the variable Intensity) for the 
<https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/pandemic-influenza-severity-assessment-(-pisa)-a-who-guide-to-assess-the-severity-of-influenza-in-seasonal-epidemics-and-pandemics> 
PISA influenza transmissibility indicator weekly data feed to WHO HQ. This 
will start as per this week’s data transfer and will apply retrospectively 
for the 2023/24 season. As both variables have five ordinal levels (though 
some categories have differences in naming) and data will be mapped across 
accordingly. For countries that have submitted data to PISA_Transmissibility 
in INFCLIN, these data will continue to be transferred to WHO HQ. Please 
note that currently PISA transmissibility is not visualized on either ERVISS 
or global platforms.

We plan to further review and streamline the qualitative indicators before 
the start of the next winter period.  Please contact 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked] or 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  should you have any 
questions.

Kind regards,

The ECDC and WHO-Europe surveillance teams

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.